Saturday, April 24, 2010

The cake bite disaster!


Ok so this blog is to chronicle the good, the bad, and the very very ugly of my cake adventures. In the previous blog I wrote about the bowling cake I did for my friend, I have wanted to try these cake pops/bites so this is my attempt.

Getting the cake made was the easy part. I thought, Wow, how hard can this be? I finally got the bowling pins and balls shaped though I was so not thrilled with the pins. I just felt they looked more like gourds than bowling pins. Well I refrigerated them overnight so that I could coat them in chocolate this morning and man I was so frustrated.

I got the candy melted for the coating no problem but when it came to getting the silly pieces of cake coated and looking like bowling pins and balls UGH!!

This was unreal nothing coated evenly and I kept dropping things. I did not have lollypop sticks so I decided to do these just as bites and things kept falling.

I was so disappointed.

They were eaten and everyone enjoyed them BUT I just knew I could have done better.

Oh well, maybe next time.

For now I will just learn from what didn't work and keep on,

Dreaming of cake

No comments:

Post a Comment