Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cheesecake

I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!

Our church is having it's missions conference April 28-May1 and on the last day there will be a meal. They asked people to sign up to bring stuff and I already knew I would take my raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, yummo, but with a group this size figured I'd take two just to make sure there was enough. I thought well since I am making two why not make two different kinds??

I thought about what kind of cheesecake sounded good and a key lime one sounded absolutely divine. I have previously made a coconut-keylime angel food cake that is heavenly so I wondered how I could incorporate the two and then I came across this recipe and I can hardly wait to try it.

Coconut Crusted Key Lime Cheesecake

Desserts


Ingredients

12 servings

2 Cups toasted Shredded Baking Coconut
1/4 Cup Crystal Farms® Unsalted Butter, melted

Filling:
2 Extra Large Eggs, separated
1 Cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
1 Pound Crystal Farms® Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 Cup fresh Key Lime juice
1 Cup Crystal Farms® Raspberry Cream Cheese
1 Cup Sour Cream

Cooking Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place oven rack in center position.
To make the crust, combine the coconut and butter and press into the bottom and up the sides of an 8-inch cake or spring form pan. Bake 5 minutes at 350 degrees, and let cool.

To make the filling, beat egg whites until stiff. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat for 2 minutes until well blended.

In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and egg yolks. Add lime juice and 1 cup sugar and beat 3 minutes until smooth. Fold in beaten egg whites. Mix by hand until smooth. Pour batter into the cooled crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Do not open oven door for the first 35 minutes of baking.

Whisk or beat raspberry cream cheese and sour cream. Spread over the cheesecake and bake an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.



Now doesn't that just sound heavenly??


No comments:

Post a Comment